Friday, March 9, 2012

Finishing my Junior Year Album

I finally finished my junior year album. I am a chronological order, and definitely scrap more events than every day life. I have thought a lot about scrapping more of the every day, but I realized my life is quite boring. Its one ongoing cycle of class, study, gym, eat, sleep, repeat. I definitely have some ideas brewing that I do want to preserve before I graduate, but I am trying to decide how to tell my stories with no pictures--like the day the bear ran in front of my car on the highway. I didn't have my camera, and I was so freaked out by the bear.

I had one last page to finish up from my cousin's wedding. We had some great family pictures that I wanted to find a spot for in my album. The patterned paper is from BoBunny and the metallic cardstock is from Coordinations. I fussy cut the black swirls from the BoBunny and used my I-Rock to add some extra  bling. The flowers are from Imaginscene--my new favorite source for flowers. The bottom flowers were originally white, but I used my American Crafts metallic silver pen and colored them to suit my needs.

My last page was our day at the zoo. Every year my cousins and I go to the zoo in my parents town. Normally we do lunch and then the zoo. This year we went to the zoo when it opened, and had a late lunch. The animals were so active and alert. We got to feed the giraffes, they are adorable. You could run their heads, and feed them crackers. They were so gentle and friendly. My other favorite animals are always the penguins and the moose.

 I'm enjoying my last few days of spring break laying around. I still have one last lesson plan to write for the week I am teaching in the middle school. I have been watching all sorts of fun craft videos, and I am hoping to make some time to play before I head back to school.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your album!
    Fun layouts!! Well the zoo one is more fun.
    The top one is more elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the purple, bling & flowers. Your zoo layout is cute with the giraffe & banner.

    ReplyDelete