Sunday, June 1, 2014

Imaginary Worlds

Life has gotten busy and I just realized I haven't blogged in a few weeks. We have 8 more days left in our school year. I'm moving classrooms, so I've been busy packing and getting things ready. It's been super hot and I'm not so motivated to go in my warm scraproom. But we have a crop the day after school lets out! I've got another pages to share from my Atlanta vacation.

One of the coolest features of the Atlanta Botanical Gardens was the Imaginary Worlds. These sculptures are real plants that are built into steel cages and are designed to grow in a specific pattern to look like a real life animal. My favorites were the bunnies and the goddess fountain.

 For this page I used my Studio Calico mask and painted with three colors of Heidi Swapp Color Shine. I used a brush from my gelatos to paint the various colors. I love the metallic in the paint.

 I used some Inka Gold on the button to tone down the wild purple color. The ribbons are from the big American Crafts variety packs.

These two pictures are some of my favorite sculptures in the park. The goddess in unbelievable until you see it in person. If you get to the park you have to watch the video of how the sculptures are actually made. It is a very interesting process to build them and the upkeep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment