Saturday, November 23, 2013

On The Ice

When we were up in Door County for my birthday in March we decided to walk on the Bay of Green Bay. I will admit, I get really leery of walking on ice, when I know how deep the water is underneath (aka 20 feet). I hung closer to the shore, but we got some cool shots. This beach is super crowded in the summer time, so it was really weird to see how deserted it can be in the off season.



 This layout comes from the new Bo Bunny winter collection. I really liked the grey paper with the pops of blue. My silly bright coat makes it hard to pick paper that goes well. I'm still into the chevron trend, and spend way too much time cutting up all these little strips.
 
 I gave my Cricut a good workout on this page. I changed the blade as I decided to put it up on Craigslist. I forgot the nice cuts it makes with a clean blade in. So I had a bunch of fun snowflakes. The snowflake in the top left corner was a big mess. First I did modeling paste, but that didn't work out so well, even with the mist. So I cut another one, misted it, and placed it in the groves. The original plan didn't look like anything besides a mess.

 My thicker stash is low, and I am trying to cut back on my spending. It always works to cut letters and put your own fake stitching on there.
We woke up to snow the other day, and it was really exciting. Now three days later and its just plain cold. I'm already over this cold stuff.

But we had a pretty sunrise recently-

No comments:

Post a Comment