Sunday, March 9, 2014

Our Favorite Pine Lake

One of our favorite places to visit each summer is Pine Lake. No matter how busy we are, we make an effort to go for a weekend. It is so relaxing, and my iPhone is dead, so I really relax and enjoy my family. I love to swim and be in the water, so I am very happy there.


 The paper for this page is Authentique. I fussy cut all the hexagon paper by hand, and inked the edge with some weathered wood Tim Holz distress ink.

 These buttons came from a jar from my late Grandma. They matched this page very well. The wood veneer is Stuido Calico and I colored it with a random marker.
 In the top right corner I used this Studio Calico mask and three different Tim Holtz inks to make this shape. All of these matched the page and the color theme so well.

 This stamp set is from Close to My Heart. I ordered it from their summer catalog, and finally broke it out for this page. I anticipate some fun pages with this stamp. 

 I also through in a divided page protector from WRMK. Its hard to scrap the same event each year, but we always have so many good pictures. We love tubing and going on the boat, and eventually I can take a break from scrapping these pages.

I love all the pages on the back side. The sunsets on the lake are just beautiful. I have such happy memories of laying on the raft with my goddaughter, teaching her to be a "girly girl" and just get tan and float. I love summer and can't wait for the ice to thaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment