Saturday, January 11, 2014

My New Bike

As I'm getting this post typed up, we just called our third cold day in a row. Which means we have to start making days up in June. I'm actually getting a little fried of crafting. I've been couped up for over 50 hrs straight now. But these spring pictures are helping me get through a little bit. And watching HGTV while I scrap.
I made this page after I made my first real purchase after getting my job this spring. I'm a big fan of bike riding, and I've never bought myself a high end bike before, so I splurged!

I cut the circles out of my patterned paper with my old Creative Memories cutters, and then used veneers and gelatos to fill the space. The twine is from The Twinery and I made the journalling card.

 The paper was from  Basic Grey, I don't remember what specific line. I really liked the green, blue, and tan tones, as they all are very fitting for Wisconsin weather.

 I am having lots of fun with my Silhouette. I've been downloading lots of different fonts, to match my different pages. I have not experimented too much with shapes yet.
 I am also working on blending with my Distress Inks to make my journalling tags match the pages better. I need to get a few more colors to complete my collection, I might just have to stop by Archivers before they all all gone. I'm very sad to see they are closing, I really enjoyed my runs down there to shop.
 I absolutely love the bike veneer from Studio Calico. My entire family enjoys biking, so I know these will get great use. I'm thinking spring here, stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment