Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy Cold Day...from the Artic

Well the windchill here is -42 right now. I enjoyed my day off from school scrapbooking all day long. Otherwise I would not be blogging during the work week. And at 11am we got "the call" that we are off on Tuesday. I was able to finish days 1-20 of my December Daily. So the master plan of Tuesday morning is lesson plans for next week and then back to scrapbooking.

I am excited to share this page with you. I took these pictures in April of 2013. Hard to believe three month from now it will be warm again and I can wear shorts and go running. It seems so far from impossible right now.

 I found this lone piece of Echo Park paper laying in my stash. I think it is from the Walk in the Park Line. I started this layout back in November, and could not figure out how to finish it off.

 I've been playing around with basic shapes as a means for embellishing. And I have a renewed love of Stickles lately. Which I was Christmas shopping at the hardware store I came across the perfect organizer for my veneers-in the fishing lures section.

 The blue paper was plane when I started. I used my Studio Calico chevron stencil and gelatos to add some pizazz to my page!
 I'm starting to play around more with the fonts on my Silhouette. I've been using a lot of script and cursive fonts for my December Daily, so I wanted something bold for this page.
This is one deceiving sunset. You would not know how cold it is outside. The sunny skies made me want to run all day today.

3 comments:

  1. A very pretty double layout. I really like the Kraft paper and how you used the tree paper as your border. Also, love the circles and wood veneers.....very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Megan! The pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty layout! I hope you're staying warm.

    ReplyDelete