Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Special Award

Over the weekend my friend Mandi nominated me for the Liebster Award. I was very honored to be nominated for this! I started my blog as a way for my family to keep up with me while I was away at college. It has grown to be such a great place.

 This is an aware for bloggers who have less than 200 followers. After being nominated you have to answer the questions your nominator asks you, and tell 11 random facts about yourself. Then you get to nominate anywhere from 5 to 11 of your favorite blogs!

 11 Random Facts about Me:
1: I am a bilingual special education teacher. I teach grades 1st-5th this year. I have a lot more boys than girls this year. I teaching a combo of Spanish and English. I find myself thinking and processing more in Spanish these days. I even dream in Spanish now. I will stutter over a word trying to figure out how I want to say it in English.

2: I got through a 5.5 year Bachelor's Degree Program in 4.5 years!!! I took some crazy 18 credit semester, and went 3 years straight-through the summers, to get out sooner! It all paid off in the end.

3: I got into my job thanks to some nasty weather. I got the interview based on a mock interview as part of a graduation requirement thanks to bad weather. The district I student taught with offered to let me mock interview in town, instead of drive 3.5+ hrs in bad ice back to the university. It paid off and they called me back for a real interview!

4: I am starting my Masters Degree!!! It's a bit complicated to explain, but I'm very excited to be going back to school. I absolutely love to learn and enjoy taking classes.

5: I have the most ridiculous food allergies. I am airborne allergic to apples. I'm allergic to a great deal of raw fruits and veggies. I have some gluten intolerance issues as well. 

6: That being said I still love to eat and cook. I have a weakness for a good dry sharp cheddar cheese. I could like on Fettuccine Alfredo, Dr. Pepper, and Sour Cream and Onion Lays. I'm a total food snot and a restaurant snot. I don't see eye to eye on my family about this. My sister and I do love a certain winery because they carry awesome cheese.

7: Right now I don't miss an episode of Big Bang Theory and Modern Family. I think I've seen every episode from both of these series. I just love Sheldon-since I spend my days with a bunch of mini Sheldon's.

8: I love to exercise. I run, bike and my newest obsession is kickboxing. I feel super guilty doing any type of project if I haven't exercised. I especially love to be outside when I can. But in the winter you will find my at kickboxing class.

9: I'd much rather be on an outdoor adventure than crafting. I'm a big believer of making the memories when I can....and scrapping them in the winter. When it is nice you will find me hiking, biking, swimming, kayaking, pretty much anywhere on the water. I love to take my camera along on these days. I love being at my relatives houses and in Door County.

10: I've never traveled abroad. I've been in Canada for a few hours way back when I was a kid before you needed any passports or ID's. I would like to visit Central America/Mexico and Europe someday. I absolutely love to travel and I love to learn new things. I like to take my pictures and my new knowledge back to my classroom. Someday I want to immerse myself in the culture of a Spanish speaking country.

11: I'm a secret Disney lover. I've only been there once but I want to go back again. I never got to see the fireworks thanks to Chrysler's horrid road side assistance. I missed them on my birthday because the tow truck took 3.5 hrs more than what they told us to show up. I love roller coasters and all those amusements. Pinterest only makes the craving worse.

Mandi asked me the following 11 random questions:

  1. Do you have a hidden stash of treats in you scrappy space. Since I have my own apartment, I don't really have to stash anything, unless my sister comes to visit. Otherwise I usually have Dr. Pepper and something salty in the pantry. At school you would definitely find a stash of treats in the file cabinet :) 
  2.  Do have any pets? Sadly I don't have any pets right now. Since I am starting my Masters Degree, I decided this was not the time for a pet. I wouldn't be able to get home between work on the nights I have class to take care of a pet. Someday I would love to get a dog- preferably a pug.
  3. How often do you go grocery shopping? Only once a week. Anyone who knows me in person knows I'm super organized. I make a menu for the week and shop only once. I do pretty well with sticking too it. I clean all my fruits and veggies after I grocery shop, so I can pack quick lunches during the week. In the summer/early fall I will hit the farmers market in addition to the grocery story on Saturday mornings. I love my fresh local produce!
  4. What is you favorite type of craft do you like to do? I enjoy scrapbooking the most. I love to capture the story along with the pictures, and preserve it for the future. I enjoy the learning that comes with trying new techniques and experimenting with different medias. Photography also goes hand in hand with scrapbooking, so I enjoy taking pictures as well.
  5. What are you looking forward in the new year? I'm definitely excited for starting on my Masters Program! I know this will further my classroom and my teaching. Other than that, I'm just looking forward to winter being done. I'm about ready to hibernate until it is done being cold or just plain icy.
  6. Are you messy, organized or some where in the middle? OCD organized. I love my label maker. My scrapbook loft has a place for everything....even if it is the floor on occasion. My students clean up and put everything right back where it belongs, and I barely have to say anything. I like everything having a place and putting it all away. I have the most beautiful kitchen cupboards.
  7. When you was little were you a girly girl or a tomboy? Are you still like that now? I think I was somewhere in the middle as a kid. I liked to play sports but I also enjoyed cleaning up and getting girly. I probably am a little more on the girly side now. I definitely put on make up and do my hair for work every day. I have fun getting dressed up for weddings and fun events! I love buying fun shoes!
  8. Where is your favorite vacation spot? Why? It would be a tie between Door County and Florida. I love the beach and being on the water. No matter what I enjoy the family time wherever we are. I really like taking adventures and trying something new, especially with my camera in tow. Both of these places have all my favorites: swimming, beach, relaxing, shopping, and outdoor adventures.
  9. Favorite ice cream? Play dough- its a cross of blue moon and cookie dough. It's obnoxious but I'm definitely not the only grown up at Wilson's walking out with a big cone. I can only find it at a few places all across Wisconsin. They don't sell it in the grocery store for some reason, so it's a treat!
  10.  Favorite hot drink? I'm really enjoying the Caramel Brulee Latte's from Starbucks. I love ANYTHING with caramel in it. And this is just up my alley. Thankfully Starbucks is way out of the way from work, so I don't go often.
  11. What site is your go to source for inspiration? I go to Pinterest and follow the usually linky party. I'll end up on blogs for ideas, You Tube for techniques, and of course shopping sites. I start there and see where it goes. I like to look at sketches for scrapbooking and I try to save videos for snowdays.  
My 11 questions for my nominee's:
  1. What do you normally blog about?
  2. Where do you call home?
  3. Do you have any pets?
  4. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
  5. What is your favorite season?
  6. Where do you look for inspiration?
  7. Where in the world would you like to visit?
  8. What is one weakness of yours?
  9. Where is your favorite vacation destination?
  10. How long have you been blogging and why did you start? 
  11. What are three goals you have for the future?
And last but not least by nominee's are:
  1. Nicole: from my LSS here in town: http://shezigzags.blogspot.com/
  2. Susan: from the old Creating Keepsakes board: http://ott2scrap.blogspot.com/ 
  3. April: from Skrap n Chat: http://livewelllaughoftenscrapmuch.blogspot.com/
  4. Jennifer: from the old Creating Keepsakes board: http://midwestscrapgarden.blogspot.com/
  5. I Teach Dual Language: a favorite bilingual blog: http://iteachduallanguage.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment