Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Atlanta Vacation

I'm officially starting to share my Atlanta album. I've been slowly working on this since the start of March and am about halfway done. I've been waiting to be home and remember to start photographing it while I had good natural light. I should be able to have a little more scrappy time now that grad class is over for the semester.

 I am beyond excited about how this page turned out. It is very different and new to me. I started with plain white paper. Then I painted on the flourishes with gesso and let them dry. Then I die cut the letters on my Silhouette and tacked them down with a non-permanent glue. I used pink and orange Heidi Swapp mist to mist over the letters. I used paper towel to blot off where the gesso was, and let the rest sink it. This is such a fun page.

My friend challenged me in this album to use a minimal amount of patterned paper and to try and create my own. Challenge accepted and I am having an absolute blast with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment