Sunday, March 31, 2013

First Snow of the Year

The first snow of the year is always a little special and welcomed. Now that its April, it's not so welcomed. We happened to get a gorgeous dusting of snow right after I bought my new camera. So I ran outside before work to snap these. It was probably sometime in the 6am hour when I was out there, hence the beautiful dawn sky colors. I love that you can see the Christmas lights on the street in the pictures. 
 
 The base paper for the layout was Bo Bunny, and then a grey Coordinations cardstock. I used glossy paper and alcohol inks for all the blueish snowflakes. I used a combo of Pool, Eggplant, and Sailboat Blue, along with the silver metallic ink, pounced on the snowflakes after I cut them with a Spellbinders die.
 The centers of the snowflakes are iRock gems heated up, and the twine is from the Target dollar bins. I misted on the grey paper with a Mister Huey mask and Tattered Angels mist.

I love how well this page came together. The paper just fits the page so well, and the blues and greys are gorgeous.

1 comment:

  1. Very Cool....I have some of the inks I just need to use them :)

    ReplyDelete