Thursday, January 5, 2012

My famous Potato Soup

This is my newest and favorite recipe. My roommate loves it so much, she has renamed it "crack soup". We make it so much, especially when we can't figure anything else out. It is really easy to make. I actually cook an entire package of bacon at a time, dice it up, and freeze the pieces. That way I always have bacon cooked when I make this recipe.


Ingredients:

  • 6 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
    • (3-14.5 oz cans)
  • 6 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
    • (small cubes)
  • 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (low fat)
  • 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled 
Directions:
1: Empty chicken broth into soup pot, begin to heat
2: Wash potatoes
3: Peel potatoes
4: Cube potatoes, about 1/4in cues
5: When chicken broth is boiling, add potatoes, seasoning salt, pepper, and red pepper
6: Let boil for 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender
7: Smash some of the potatoes with a potato masher, to release the starches for thickening
8: Add the cream cheese (I cut mine into chunks) and bacon
9: Stir frequenty until cream cheese is melted, let simmer as desired. (make sure to stir the bottom of the pan well)
10: Serve and top with cheedar cheese.

I do let mine simmer for up to a half hour. I think it tastes best when you let it simmer and thicken.

This is my amazing potato soup recipe. For any of my Club CK friends in the recipe swap, you are a getting a gorgeous recipe card with this recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe and including a photo!

    ReplyDelete