Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pictured Rocks Boat Tour



I really wanted to share some of my favorite pictures and stories from this past semester, before Christmas Break is over. Over the next few weeks I will share the beauty of a midwest fall and some of my other adventures.



During October, my parents came up to school to visit as part of their anniversary trip. We finally went out on the Pictured Rocks Boat Tour. We have been meaning to take this trip for years, and we finally decided to go. I think we picked the coldest day of the entire month. We were bundled up in our coats, hats, and mittens.



It was a beautiful ride, quite wavy, but the sights were gorgeous. We were out for almost 3 hours. The Pictured Rocks National Shoreline is east of Munising, MI. This town is about 45 minutes from my campus. We had two awesome tourguides, who were very funny. They started out the day with "if you don't like roller coaster rides...get off NOW". And sure enough people did. It was not a smooth ride by any means. There were a lot of sick looking people in the cabin below. But it was totally worth the view. I took lots and lots of pictures.


We had a pretty awesome time on our tour. The trees were just starting to change colors, and the waterfalls were active. We had a terrible storm the night prior, so there were even some new bolder that had fallen off with all the wave activity.

I was very impressed with the tour company we used. Look this group up if you are ever in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. http://www.picturedrocks.com/Home.php I am so glad we finally got the chance to take this day trip. We finished off the day at the sculpture walk and then pizza.







Link

3 comments: