Friday, February 21, 2014

Rainbows in the Neighborhood

In June of 2013 my dad and I went out for a bike ride after it rained. It was still misting when we left, but we wanted to get out for a little bit. The entire time we rode, there was a rainbow, and at some points a double rainbow. When we got home -almost an hour later- it was still out, so I grabbed my camera.

The paper in this layout is from Echo Park's Hello Summer line. I had some leftover from a rainy vacation, and it has been so fun for a variety of spring and summer layouts. This was a progressive challenge- so the first part was to gather 5+ coordinating papers, and one picture. Then we cut the large and small circles. Then we arranged. Then embellished. This over a series of a three day crop.

 
 I decided to add a few extra embellishments with the help of stickles and some iRock gems.

Here's to spring coming. We had two warmer (35!!!) days this week. And then a whole bunch of ice. And back to single digits next week. 

1 comment: