Saturday, May 18, 2013

Mother's Day Cards

As I'm getting ahead on auto posts, I'm amazed that I have my cards done ahead of time. I'm normally the person up late creating the perfect card the night before the occasion. I happened to be at a Friday night crop at my scrapbook store, and they have open use of their stamps. You just have to provide your own ink, powder, and cleaner. So it works out perfectly to make cards there every few weeks, instead of buying a ton of stamps. I would say scrapping is my main hobby, and people just expect cards from me as a result.

If you haven't already figured it out, alcohol inks are my go to for cards. They are fun and different. I don't know too many other ways to do cards.

 This first one is for my Grandma. I used purpe, orange, and yellow-a three pack from Jo's. I learned that sentiments need to be big and bold when using alcohol inks, so I traced over it with a glitter pen.

 This next one is for my mom. Blues and purples are my favorite colors to use together. I again used the resisting technique to pull off the embossing powder and reveal the stamp underneath.

 I used this saying in both cards, I'm not sure who makes it, but I found it in the drawers at Creations Galore.
 This is my current storage solution for my card making supplies. Little shelves from Home Depot. I like that my Distress Ink Pads have a nice accessible place.

My little basket of new goodies. I keep my Washi Tapes, Twine, and some other fun stuff right in view on my desk. I swap stuff out depending on my projects and seasons.

1 comment:

  1. I have tried to leave a comment a few times now, so hopefully this works! I love your storage idea for the distress ink foams!

    ReplyDelete