Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Hot Summer

 This summer was just plain hot. We don't get into the high 90's very often and even more rare is too see it above 100 for an extended period of time. After a week of 100's I realized that I need a picture to sum up this summer. So I snapped an iPhoto of my dashboard thermometer one day. This picture was a way to summarize how hot it was this July. Even the lakes were bath water warm. 

For this page, I started with a plain white piece of paper. Then I used my Mister Huey's mask and some Smooch Inks to mist. I love how the reds, oranges, and golds signify the heat that we were feeling. I used alcohol inks on a piece of aluminum can, and ran it through my cuttlebug. I love how this page turned out. I am trying to use other mediums on my pages. Of course I keep my pictures mounted on cardstock to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment