Saturday, September 28, 2013

Hiking to Cana


 Cana Island has always been part of my life growing up. We spend many summers on the shore of Lake Michigan with Cana as our back drop. We rarely go up in the winter because the roads are poorly plowed and this is nothing too do when it is cold. But we were already in Door County for the day skiing, so we decided to drive over and check out the ice shoves. We had to hike threw a few feet of snow....but it was super fun. I love snowshoeing through the big snow drifts.

I used the Close to My Heart Cricut Cartridge-Art Philosophy to cut the background. I used a little gel pen to spice up some of the snowflakes. 

 I cut a soda can with Nestabilies dies and embossed it in the Cuttlebug. Then I used alcohol inks to color the snowflakes to match the water. This is one of my favorite strategies with the alcohol inks. The metal from the can adds a cool affect.

I didn't have any Thickers that worked with this page. So I pulled out my Cricut and cut out the letters. Some of my favorite Thickers by Amy Tan have the stitching, so I used my gel pen and made my own stitching.

I do enjoy all my winter activities but I am going to enjoy my fall for now. I'm enjoying the changing colors.


1 comment:

  1. this is too cool! love the snowflakes and the letters are perfect! awesome work!

    ReplyDelete