Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Bridal Shower Goodies

A few weekends ago two cousins and myself threw a bridal shower for our cousin's fiancee. Our theme was lite and springy foods. Except it started to blizzard snow on the way to the shower. It's been forever since I have done a food post, so I thought I would share some of the goodies we whipped up for the shower.



 The Sarasota


We had about 25 adults at this party and they ran this drink out in 25 minutes. I should have made way more. It's the one on the pink one on the left. I didn't get a chance to snap a good picture. I got to try a bit of the bottom.

2 bottles Riesling Wine (I used Barefoot)
1 can Raspberry Lemonade Concentrate (thawed)
3 cups Lemon Line Soda
Garnish with a pint of raspberries and two sliced lemons

Credit: http://pamperedjes.blogspot.com/2012/03/thirsty-thursday-sarasota-lemonade.html

Creamsicle Dip


1 (8oz) container Cool Whip (thawed)
1 package **INSTANT** Vanilla Pudding
1 (6oz) container of Orange Juice Concentrate (partially frozen)

Whip all together in a large mixing bowl. I used my hand mixer. If it is a little running, put it back in the freezer. I served my dip in a cored pineapple with fruit kabobs surrounding it.

Credit: http://www.madiganmade.com/2011/04/orange-creamsicle-summer-fruit-dip.html

We also had mini cheesecakes, Rolo brownies, varied tea sandwiches, veggies, and grape salad. I made the cheesecake, but they weren't my favorite recipe ever. I did pipe the chocolate hearts myself, and they turned out really cute. I just melted chocolate chips in the microwave, and put them into a ziplock bag, and snipped off a tiny corner. I formed hearts on waxed paper and put them in the deep freezer overnight.





It was a fun day and I officially have my first shower co-hosting under my belt. No onto partying at the wedding.

1 comment:

  1. It all looks great! I bet it was yummy too! The fruit & dip would be great for the retreat.;)

    ReplyDelete